Sunday, March 26, 2006

Clark Peak Yurt


KeyRock give the yurt two thumbs up!

Yurt

n : a circular domed dwelling that is portable and self-supporting; originally used by nomadic Mongol and Turkic people of central Asia but now used as inexpensive alternative or temporary housing…A backcountry palace!

Last weekend I headed up to the Clark Peak Yurt near Jewel Lake west of Cameron Pass. I went for the snowboarding but stayed for the plush accommodations. What a pleasure these things are. The yurt was equipped with a wood burning stove(we kept the yurt at a balmy 70 degrees), a gas range, lanterns, pots & pans, kitchen utensils, silverware, dishes, dishtowels, dishsoap & dishpans, food storage box, table & chairs and get thisa charcoal grill! This was KEY as we had steaks on day two.

I highly recommend yurting!

Never Summer Nordic, Inc.
Box 1983, Fort Collins, CO 80522
(970)482-9411
info@neversummernordic.com
.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alex - I work in the photo deparmtent at a magazine and we're doing a story about Never Summer Nordic yurts. I'm looking for photos to run in the article and your blog came up in my google searches. I can't seem to find any contact information on your page, would you mind emailing me? The address is edwrrphoto@gmail.com... thanks so much, hope to hear from you soon

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete